Finally got around to making a start on the rear axle. I worked out the length, cut the bar stock down and turned one end to size in the lathe. I still need to do the other end and cut some threads in the ends. The drive hub, bearings and wheel hub now fit perfectly.

I also made a start on the motor mount. I cut some plate to span between two cross members, this will support the motor. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to set up the chain drive. I rotated the torque converter downwards to see how the path of the chain was to the drive pulley, but it clashes with the cross member. Need to finalise this before I can move on. So slow progress, but progress none-the-less.