Mick Brooklands Bentley
Managed to get the tyres off of one of the wheels. I tried (and failed) to do it the old fashioned way with tyre levers as I don't have the strength in my arms any more. In the end I cut the bead with some bolt croppers and cut the rubber with a sharp knife. Work smarter, not harder as they say.
With the tyre removed I could finally mount one of the wheels up on the lathe to check if it fitted. Fortunately there was a few mm to spare. With the wheel mounted in the chuck it was only a few minutes work to face the hub off and remove the spigot so that the hub flange I made sits nice and flat. I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out.
I still have the other hub and wheel to finish off. Then I can look at making the front hubs up